Friday, October 7, 2011

Discovery & Motivation


It only took my whole 28 years of life, but I finally figured out what I want to be, what I'm supposed to be, when I 'grow up'! It's funny how I got to this conclusion, because in hindsight, I should have known it all along. I love animals. Always have, always will. They make me happy, they make me sad, they frustrate me, they astonish me, and I feel as though we should take care of them. These little creatures depend on us to.

I woke up this morning with so much motivation for my life, I have no idea where it came from. I do feel as though I need to credit the good Lord above, because we went to the Lincoln Cathedral yesterday and I went into the prayer room and said a prayer for my life. I woke up this morning with this great motivation and guidance.

Then, of course, I lost some of it after spending the WHOLE day on school work, lol..but that's okay. I still know WHY I am going for criminal justice. Now, I have a more specific goal in mind- to become an animal cruelty investigator. I feel it's my calling. THIS is what I want and need to do. I have so much passion for it. It's going to be a long road, but I'm going to get there and I have plans along the way to help me.

It has been a long day. It's been a long week. I've had so much to do as far as school alone goes. I can't imagine being a full time student, I have no clue how people do it and juggle everything else in their life. I feel like I'm a full time student now, and I'm only taking 1 class. Maybe one day I'll figure that out, because I don't want to be in school forever.

Cody has been so supportive. He helps me more with the kids, and housework, because he knows I have a lot of school work to do. He knows this is what I need to make me happy. I couldn't be more blessed to have a great husband. It's time to focus on me more, and what I want to do with my life. The last 10 years have been great, but I really need to find my path. It's something I've struggled with for years. And now, I finally have a direction to go.

Amazing.

No comments: